Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What's it like working at a elementary school?

My intended major is elem ed so I've decided to apply at an elementary school, (for the experience and the references) and I was wondering, what are the pros and cons of working at a school? specifically elementary? I'm going to be a tutor/sub-aid/esl helper anyhow. I'm asking this b/c being in college I've worked in restauarants for awhile now, and I know how that can be..with customer service. I always thought a school would be so much better, working with children in a classroom in all, but for some reason, i got a bad impression of the elementary school and noticed naturally a lot of the faculty are "women" and they're all really....competatvie? sassy? fake? I can't really describe it..but somehow..very unfriendly...just give me some pointers, I wanna make this job something fun, and really educational, to see if I really would enjoy the education field. thank you.

What's it like working at a elementary school?
Watch the movie Kindergarten Cop. It's pretty realistic. You are learning to bring order to chaos. The kids are cute, thoough, and worth the effort.





As you move up in grade, the chaos remains - the kids just get bigger.





A pointer: bring food to the office or lunchroom, and leave a note that says, "Hi from _____"





You find all types of people who are teachers. Some are friendly, some not. Same as any workplace.
Reply:loud lol

columbine

No comments:

Post a Comment